Monday, April 18, 2011

Coco Cakes in the City

0 comments
 
First of all, I'd like to thank all my followers and customers for continuing to believe in Coco Cakes. I've been baking for while now, but it's only been a few months, after a lot of encouragement from friends, since I started doing this for others. This has been such an encouraging experience for me and I really wish all of you are as fortunate as I am to be making a living from something you love.

I've been asked a few times, "How did you start? Is it difficult? How did you know it would succeed?"

To answer the first question: I've been baking for my kids and some friends, but late last year my friend encouraged me, more liked pushed me, to start showcasing my work on a blog and accept orders. I didn't know people would welcome my cakes so enthusiastically!

The last question is the easiest to answer: I didn't. I had no idea if it would work out. Sometimes you just have to step out.

The second question has the longest answer but it is also why I'm writing this post.

Is it difficult?
Sometimes it does get difficult, especially since I have to balance this with being a single mom of three beautiful and active kids. I enjoy baking and I enjoy being a mom even more, but sometimes it feels like I never have enough time or energy or money to do everything. I'm sure many of you moms know how I feel. But knowing that every cake goes to making someone's celebration memorable and knowing that my work provides for my family is amazing motivation.

This is why I bake: to create baked goodies infused with imagination to turn every moment into a sweet one. I've made a simple acrostic on what goes into every Coco Cake:

CITY!
Creative - I want every cake to capture the imagination of the one it’s for.

Intricate - I love details! It takes a lot of time but I like seeing tiny features add up for an amazing piece.

Thoughtful - Every person is special and different, so why celebrate with a common cake? I have a lot of fun tailoring my cakes to the ideas and insights my customers give me. I want you to forever remember your moment with a cake prepared with you in mind.

Yummy! - Everyone seems to think so!

So now you know why I bake, but I'd like to encourage you to step out and do what you love. I'll write more about that.

No comments :

Post a Comment

 
© 2012. Design by Main-Blogger - Blogger Template and Blogging Stuff