Thursday, August 1, 2013

Tutorial: How to Make Those Amazing Ruffles on Cupcakes

0 comments
 
I'm the type of person that likes to learn as much as  I can about the things that interest me - which is mostly baking, cake decorating, fashion, parenting, and fitness. I just realized I listed those down from unhealthy to healthy. Haha! I have to find some way to balance all the sweets right?

One of the things that always amazes me is how decorators are able to achieve the intricacy and detail they do on cakes and cupcakes. Throughout the years I've studied as much as I can, particularly using videos and posts online to learn some of the things they do. I'd like to share them with you starting with the basics.

Here's one technique you can try today. It's how to make those amazing ruffles that can make any plain cupcake fancy.

Here's what you need: 
(I put links on each to give you a better idea on what they are)


There are different brands out there so have a look around. You don't always have to get the most expensive one.


Preparation:
1. Fill your pastry bag with icing
2. Install the coupler. Check this guide for a great explanation.
3. Add the tip


The Magic:
1. Holding the pastry bag at an angle, start on the edges and pipe continuously while rotating the cupcake in your hand. It's important to keep the pressure of your squeezing consistent throughout.
2. Keep rotating the cupcake, making your way towards the center, filling the whole top of the cupcake with ruffles.
3. Stand back and admire your work!

There you have it! A simple way to make your cupcakes extra sweet!

Thank you for reading my tutorial Have a special day!

No comments :

Post a Comment

 
© 2012. Design by Main-Blogger - Blogger Template and Blogging Stuff